[mythtv-users] DVB-T tuner appears to de-tune itself.

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 15:04:21 UTC 2009

> I suppose what I have to do now is hope that Myth
> doesn't alter this
> overnight. (i.e. if it does do any channel editing it will
> remember
> that I only did a restricted scan and won't try looking
> for signals
> from different transports)

fwiw, the DVB-C cards on my slave are flaky the same way.
Get everything scanned and tuned, watch every channel on both tuners. Record a show or two overnite, and the next day one or the other won't tune most of the channels that worked fine the night before.
No changes to channels or dtv_multiplex.
They work one day and not the next.
Cold restart doesn't bring them back.
Rescan Doesn't find channels that tune.
Remove all tuners, inputs, sources, etc., load them all again and it works for a day.
Repeat ad nauseum.
A180, ATSC115. 0.20, then 0.21. Edgy, Feisty, now Hardy.