[mythtv-users] 12VDC LCD monitors

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 03:36:41 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/1 Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com>:
> I'm looking to replace the aging 17" monitor in my van.  I'm looking for an
> LCD monitor with a 75/100mm vesa mount and a 12VDC power in.  Used to be
> many monitors had a power brick; now they all plug directly into the wall.
>  Anyone know of a "normal" 17"-ish monitor that has a power brick and 12vdc
> jack instead of the 3 prong universal AC jack?

I haven't seen those in a while.

LG LCDs used to come with those ; but lately they all have their power
supply integrated.

You can still get automotive-rated 17" LCD ; but they cost
significantly more than your average LCD... They are designed to be
plugged directly to your car power however.
That's the kind they use in taxis and buses