[mythtv-users] Internal player, plays to fast

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Tue Sep 30 15:20:43 UTC 2008

> My problem is, that when ever I use the internal player, the video and
> audio is played as it is fast forwarding and this goes for both live TV,
> recorded shows and things played through MythVideo. If I switch MythVideo
> to use MPlayer, it works fine but since I can't do this with live TV or
> recorded shows, I need to get the internal player to work correctly.

I had a similar issue where everything seemed to be going in fast-forward. I
found out that I had accidentally enabled the 'Use video as timebase'
setting under the 'General Playback' settings. When I unchecked that setting
everything was back to normal. I don't know if you are having the same
issue, but it is simple to check that option and see if it helps. Good luck.