[mythtv-users] Filesystem for recordings

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 21:31:39 UTC 2008

OK, so I'm in the process of re-doing my Myth box with Mythbuntu (I had
Fedora 8 x86_64, then was trying CentOS 5.2 x86_64; I had some hardware
issues so I'm starting from scratch, and CentOS seemed to be too
cumbersome, especially when it came to my pcHD5500 card).  I've read
alot of good things about Mythbuntu so I figured I'd give it a try.

Anyway, onto my question:  I bought a 500gb SATA drive which will be
used for my recordings.  Should I format that drive as EXT3 or XFS?  I'm
not really sure which would be better, so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry