[mythtv-users] Installing on CentOS 5.2 x86_64

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 18:30:37 UTC 2008

OK, so I've upgraded my box to CentOS 5.2, 64 bit version.  I've
downloaded the ATRPMs package and now I'm running yum install
mythtv-suite, and I get the following errors:

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(XML::Twig) >= 3.28 is needed by package
xmltv-grabbers
Error: Missing Dependency: libFLAC.so.8()(64bit) is needed by package
mythmusic
Error: Missing Dependency: PIL is needed by package mytharchive

I know nothing about Perl.  I tried downloading and compiling XML::Twig
manually, but that complained about XML::Parser 2.23 not being found.
Is there an easy way to get all of these missing modules installed so I
can successfully install Myth?  I thought that yum was supposed to take
care of stuff like this?

Thanks,
Harry