[mythtv-users] Optimal settings for speed?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 28 18:11:27 UTC 2008

On 09/28/2008 01:58 PM, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> I have an AppleTV with linux installed. I wish to use it as a frontend
> but it's painfully slow.

I know nothing of AppleTV, but...

> I have already disabled the opengl v-sync, which gives me loads of
> tearing.
> Scrolling in the program guide is incredibly slow

If you're talking about the program guide during LiveTV, it may be due
to using bob deint (or another similar deinterlacer).  If so, change it
to something like kernel or linear.

> (and I wonder if the channel logo files have anything to do with it.)

If your database specifies a location for a channel logo and the file
doesn't exist or isn't readable by the mythfrontend user, it will be
slow to scroll up/down (i.e. expose new channels in the guide) even in
the GUI (non-LiveTV) guide.

Mike (who believes a Myth frontend system should be the most powerful
conputer in the house ;)