[mythtv-users] Firewire in CentOS 5.2 on GA-MA78GM-S2H (Texas Instruments TSB43AB23 chipset) - plugreport shows nothing

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 16:53:56 UTC 2008

Roger Heflin wrote:
> Harry Devine wrote:

>>> I'm not sure if this is the best way; but I manually downloaded the
>>> rpms to a local directory and force installed them with "rpm -ivh
>>> --force <package-name.rpm>".  Then I used the command-line rpm again
>>> to uninstall the 1.3.0 packages.  You have to specify the full package
>>> name, including the version number.  If you don't know the exact
>>> package name, use "rpm -qa | grep libraw1394" and cut-n-paste or type
>>> it out.
>>>

>> The delete still doesn't work.  I was able to install the RPM OK, but I
>> get the following when I try to remove the existing RPM:
>>
>> [root at HJDMyth ~]# rpm -e libraw1394-1.3.0-1.el5
>> error: "libraw1394-1.3.0-1.el5" specifies multiple packages
>>

>> Any thoughts?
>> Harry
>>

> Is it a 64-bit system?
>
> If so you likely have both 32bit and 64bit rpm's installed, and it is trying to
> remove both and does not like that.   You can add "--allmatches" and it will
> delete everything that matches which should get both the 32-bit and 64-bit rpms,
> so you would need to make sure to reinstall both of them with the old version.
>
>                        Roger
>
>                                 Roger

It is a 64 bit system.  Here's what I just tried:

[root at HJDMyth lib64]# rpm -qa |grep libraw1394
libraw1394-1.2.1-1.fc6
libraw1394-1.3.0-1.el5
libraw1394-1.3.0-1.el5
[root at HJDMyth lib64]# rpm -e --allmatches libraw1394-1.3.0-1.el5
error: Failed dependencies:
        libraw1394.so.8 is needed by (installed)
kdebase-3.5.4-18.el5.centos.i386

I don't even have Myth installed yet.  I want to make sure I have
everything solid before I put it back on (networking, sound, video
drivers, firewire, etc).  Just to minimize the "gotchas".

Thanks for the help!
Harry