[mythtv-users] Firewire in CentOS 5.2 on GA-MA78GM-S2H (Texas Instruments TSB43AB23 chipset) - plugreport shows nothing

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:17:06 UTC 2008

> Sorry for jumping in here, but I just re-did my box with CentOS 5.2
> (x86_64) and saw this post.  I grabbed the RPM but can't seem to
> uninstall the current 1.3.0 version.  RPM keeps saying  'error:
> "libraw1394" specifies multiple packages'.  May I ask how you removed
> the 1.3.0 version?

I'm not sure if this is the best way; but I manually downloaded the
rpms to a local directory and force installed them with "rpm -ivh
--force <package-name.rpm>".  Then I used the command-line rpm again
to uninstall the 1.3.0 packages.  You have to specify the full package
name, including the version number.  If you don't know the exact
package name, use "rpm -qa | grep libraw1394" and cut-n-paste or type
it out.