[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase - how to update one channel only?

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Fri Sep 26 20:28:03 UTC 2008

Hi all

I have three input sources.  One is made up of all of the available
channels, encrypted or not, which I can tune on the STB.  One is the set
of unencrypted channels that I can tune via QAM, and the other is the set
of "analog" channels which I can get via the analog side of my
pcHDTV-5500.

All three sources are refreshed from SchedulesDirect.  I use the
"--delete-new-channels" option to avoid having all three sets filled up
with all of the channels (that are contained in the first set).

I have added several new "free" QAM HD channels to the "clear QAM" source.
 One of them consistently doesn't seem to have new data after a
mythfilldatabase run, even though the xmltv ID is correct and I can watch
the channel in LiveTV.

I need to run mythfilldatabase to grab ONLY data for that ONE channel in
the  ONE source without updating ANYTHING else.

I backed up my database and started up "mythfilldatabase --manual", but it
appeared to be going through the usual motions (that it does for a full
refresh) so I aborted it before anything was done.  I have over 400
channels in my channel table, anyway, and don't want to have to sift
through all of them to update one.  Is there an easy way to do this?

TIA
Bob