[mythtv-users] recording DVR's saved shows.

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Fri Sep 26 15:46:40 UTC 2008

I have a number of shows on my directv DVR that I want to transfer
to mythtv. Only Im not sure how best to go about recording them.
I could go into "live tv" mode use the remote to go into the
recorded shows on the DVR and start playing one and then press
'record' on mythtv. But that will also record everything up to
the point of the actual show, none of which I want.
maybe there is a way to "edit" a recorded show and cut out parts?

also my storage group for "live tv" is a different filesytem
then I record shows to, if I record something live does it then
change storage locations?

I could I guess hack the channel changer script to issue
the commands to go into the stored shows instead of going to
a particular channel.

In any case I will have to edit the description of what mythtv
thinks it is. Is there a way to do that on a recorded show?
ie if I do live tv all mythtv knows is what was on the channel
it was tuned to. Will have to rename the show after its recorded.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org