[mythtv-users] MythTV with AT&T uverse

Tim Hamer hamer.tim at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:54:52 UTC 2008

I've had uverse for a while now, and its ok not great. Better than cable by
a longshot, but I still haven't gotten around to using myth to record from
the boxes. They use motorola boxes that you cannot just go buy in the store,
but they give you a DVR box and two more regular boxes before charging
additional fees. I can't remember how much it is per extra box.

Yes, the new firmware allows two HD streams, which is very nice. The HD
quality is not outstanding, however, as it is still compressed. Hopefully
soon I'll be able to get something like the new Hauppauge HD capture box and
resume using mythtv for my recordings, which seems to be the best strategy
I've seen so far.

HTH,
Tim