[mythtv-users] Multiple inputs per video source

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Fri Sep 26 14:42:01 UTC 2008

Jelle De Loecker skrev:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm going to keep it simple: I have 1 video source and 2 inputs (DVB
> tuners) for it.
>
> Yes, the 2 inputs both "contain" the same data (both can make
> independent locks on the Astra 1 satellite)
>
> Yet, when I start to record something I can not "just" change the
> channel: I have to go through the menu and switch input.
>
> I can not explain this to the people who are also going to use this
> setup. Is there a way to fix it? Am I missing some setting?
>
> --
Did you create one or two sources? You should have the same source
defined for both inputs, not two identical sources...

If you are referring to a situation when you have started watching live
TV, then pressed record and then want to change channel you might have
to exit "Live TV" and return to Live TV from the main menu. I am not
sure of the behaviour but if this is the case it most likely has to do
with the fact that you are no longer watching Live TV but in reality a
recording (hence the "" above).

Fredrik