[mythtv-users] One half of Nova-T has stopped working

Edmund edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com
Thu Sep 25 19:27:35 UTC 2008

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> Edmund <edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>>  Paul Gardiner wrote:

> IIRC Nova-t 500s are USB based internally.
>
> You might get some useful debug out of lsusb which will show you
> devices, and usbview which will show you the topology.

Sorry to ask for further help but I am quite new to this. I am running
Ubuntu server 8.04. I am using USB viewer with X forwarding. X isn't
installed on the backend.

I get and error can not open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices. (Verify
that you have USB compiled into your kernel, have the USB core modules
loaded and have the usbdevfs filesystem mounted.

I'm not sure what I have. lsusb works.

I tried mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb but I get unknown
filesystem type. apt-cache search doesn't show anything for usbdevfs