[mythtv-users] Cropping with PVR-150

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 17:17:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com
> wrote:

> It sounds like the black bar you're talking about IS the VBI
> information, so you can't get rid of it and keep it at the same time. ;)
> The solution is to set overscan when you play it back. I believe
> industry standard is that TV is meant to be played back with 3%
> overscan to crop out that stuff. Set that in your frontend and you'll
> be viewing the program in its originally intended size.
>
> -Brad

The funny thing is that the black bar is at the bottom, whereas the
flickering VBI stuff would be at the top.  So some combination of the
PVR-150 and ivtv must be manipulating the image to create this bar.  I would
prefer it to leave the image alone *and* decode the cc information, so that
it fits into my existing method of dealing with overscan.

Jim