[mythtv-users] Changes in mythtv-setup not saved?

Andrew Chuah hachuah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:21:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I recently moved to Ubuntu 8.04 and so wiped my working version of
Myth and reinstalled with Ubuntu+Mythtv. Everything seems to work
fine, except...

I can't get mythtv-setup to accept my capture card audio settings!! I
set it to /dev/dsp1, and the next time I run mythtv-setup, it is set
back to /dev/dsp again. I am not getting any sound on recordings or
LiveTV (obviously).

I'm using saa7134-alsa, and /dev/dsp1 contains the input audio. I've
tested this using sox + tvtime, and it's working fine. /dev/dsp points
to my output sound, and is set in mythfrontend to ALSA:default. Audio
playback also works fine, as I can playback previous recordings with
no problem.

So, how do I get mythtv-setup to honour my wishes and save /dev/dsp1
instead of /dev/dsp??

thx
andrew