[mythtv-users] IR Blasting a Freeview Box

Andrew Hall andyjohnhall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:29:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:46, David Watkins wrote...

> Where a dedicated freeview box might out-perform a mythtv box is in
> playback.  I'm using
> the S-Video output of an NVidia 5200 connected to a Plain-old-CRT and
> I find that for some sports (eg soccer) the playback is noticeably
> worse than both the analog input direct to my TV and via my btvision
> freeview box.  I believe that this is something to do with a 50Hz/60Hz
> incompatibility between the broadcast and the NVidea S-Video output?

That's pretty much what I plan to do, except from a 7200GS. Are you
saying your TV is 50Hz whereas your card is sending a PAL60 signal? I
do like a bit of MOTD !

> 3)  Ability to record multiple channels simultaneously from a single tuner

I didn't realise that. Can you view one of those channels whilst
recording another, or does that require two dedicated tuners?

I think perhaps I will try this option, and if reception is bad then
try DVB-S cards with Freesat.