[mythtv-users] Warning: Recording will not commence until a PMT is set

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Sep 25 08:13:33 UTC 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 12:48 AM, Blammo wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 24, 2008, at 8:47 PM, Blammo wrote:
>>
>>> Master MBE with loads of disk space, centos5 64-bit
>>> Slave SBE with loads of tuners, centos5 32-bit
>>>
>>> Lots of recordings every day.. except the local CBS station is
>>> kicking
>>> me in the rear periodically with this problem:
>>>
>>> 2008-09-24 20:36:34.059 DVBRec(21:3) Warning: Recording will not
>>> commence until a PMT is set.
>>
>> rescan?
>
> I'm willing to do a rescan, but what are we expecting to accomplish?
> Other programs recorded on that station, on that tuner card, earlier
> in the day, and later in the day. In fact, it will miss one show, and
> record the next one...

Oh, I don't think you mentioned stuff recorded correctly "later in the
day" before. In that case, maybe you are hitting this bug:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5352

I was having issues when I was running x86_64 where the backend would
chew up RAM and eventually die. Since moving to i386 on the same
machine I haven't had this problem. Since then, I've always been
suspect when a bug report contains the fact that the person reporting
is using x86_64. Are you?