[mythtv-users] Which program data source for Germany?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Sep 25 05:14:54 UTC 2008

mythtv at karl-reichert.com wrote:
>> I'm living in Berlin, Germany, and I'm using analog cable for watching TV.
>> As
>> far as I understood from the wiki, I have to use a grabber to get program
>> data
>> from a website, because I don't get EPG data via the TV stream.
>>
>> Here comes my question: Which grabber and which source do YOU (german users)
>> recommend to use? Which is stable and up to date?
>>
> No ideas, suggestions ...
Hi Karl,

I get extensive EPG information straight out of the signal, and do not
have to use any other external guide.  I'm not sure the channels we get
are from Berlin, but most (all?) of the 40ish German channels we get in
Switzerland have the information embedded.

Sorry that I can't offer more advice.

cheers,
-Kingsley