[mythtv-users] Doubled screen - Is this any interlace issue?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:07:05 UTC 2008

On 24/09/2008, "José Tomás @ Chico" <jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu> wrote:

>  Nick Morrott wrote:
>    On 24/09/2008, "José Tomás @ Chico" <jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu> wrote:
>

>      Hi!
>
>  When I launch MythTV I'm not able to see TV correctly, I get image doubled,
> like the interlace mode is working but the two rendering is being done
> sequencial in the screen, so getting image twice.
>
>  I configured Audio Rate maximum to 32000, but MythTV continues to say
>  "Opening audio device 'default'. ch 2(2) sr 44100".
>
>  Does any one have similar issue? If so what have done?
>
>       I've seen similar reports from users of ATI cards. Does this effect
> happen if you choose a different deinterlacer or non-Xv playback
> method?
>
> Can you use the 'ati' X.org driver instead of the proprietary fglrx
> driver from ATI and see if that makes a difference?
>
>   I do not know where I can choose a different deinterlacer or a non-Xv playback, can you provide-me some details?

Playback profiles in mythfrontend setup.

>  Regarding the driver, I had an ATI Radeon HD 3600. When I start this install I tried to see TV with regular apps, but no success, when I did install the ATI driver wents fine for mplayer.

I have no experience with new ATI cards - at home I still use Radeon
9x00 devices for SDTV-only playback with the X.org radeon driver.

>  The next step was install MythTV, where I'm in.
>  Regarding the late hour here I have to test getting to the regular X.org ati driver tomorrow.

Not a problem. You might find at the moment the fglrx has the best
support for your card, and correcting a bad configuration can omrpove
your video. Support for new ATI cards in the X.org driver improves all
the time now that they are releasing technical information, but
support is still "a work in progress" for the newest cards - see
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd for more details.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: