[mythtv-users] mythjobqueue DB error

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:26:26 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> You really should mount the filesystem at the same location on all
> hosts.  When Myth asks the host that recorded the file for its location,
> it returns the pathname that's appropriate for the recording host.  When
> the desktop looks there, it doesn't find the file.
>
> If nothing else, though, the /mnt/mythtv/ directory should be in the
> Default storage group configured on the desktop machine.  (Though, I
> think even with that configuration, transcoding won't work properly.)

yes, transcoding works fine, as does commercial flagging.

One more follow up to this, since I think I ran into another issue
caused by this..

I understand that "storage groups" is a move in the right direction,
however, legacy config allows things like MythVideo, and MythFrontend
to specify their local "playback" directory, which is generally where
those things are mounted.

I hope going forward all pieces of the Myth* puzzle deal with the
paths more consistently.