[mythtv-users] one potential cause for stuttering (probably low runner)

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:02:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Ed Clark <eaclark at mchsi.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I just wanted to report on something I ran into that caused
> stuttering on playback of HD material.  It is probably a low
> runner problem, but it took me a while to find because I
> wasn't expecting it.
>
> And that is, the network connection on one of my frontends
> dropped to 10 Mbps.

Nice catch! I've had that happen too, except the drop was from 1gb to
100mbit.. ethtool reported it correctly, and forcing it back to 1gb
made the link stay down. was a long run (80ft under the house) so I
couldn't just test another cable. Ended up bringing home a cable
tester, and what do you know? Flipped pair. Fixed the cable, and link
stays up!

Proof again that sometimes, yes, it IS a hardware issue.