[mythtv-users] MythTV stops computer from shutting down when running in background

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 12:42:29 UTC 2008

> Can anyone think of any workarounds to solve this? Perhaps a bug-report to
> add an option to make MyhTV act more ilke a regular desktop application?

I'd call it a feature request if I were you, and there's somewhere on
the wiki for it to go.

If you report it as a bug I'm pretty sure it would get rejected, with
a comment along the lines of 'unimplemented features are not bugs'.

As far as workarounds go, you could configure the backend to shut the
system down on idle.  Then, closing the frontent would cause the
machine to shutdown, providing nothing was being recorded at the time.
 Still not quite the same as a regular desktop application but then
MythTV isn't trying to be one.  It's trying to be a PVR.