[mythtv-users] USB->Serial for controlling DirecTV boxes

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 23 21:06:13 UTC 2008

On Sep 23, 2008, at 1:56 PM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:

> Is it known if the newer DirecTV boxes like the HR21 DVR work with the
> PL2303X?

I've got the H21-200 and it does not work with the PL2303X so I can't
imagine the HR21 would work, either.

> Have we yet determined a source of the straight PL2303's.

No. I got a call back from serialio.com with the bad news that
"straight pl2303's are *long* gone". I'm going to contact Sabrent
tomorrow and see if I can exchange mine for an older one that will
work. I think your best bet at this point is to contact them directly
and request the pl2303.

-Brad