[mythtv-users] comcast in denver and hdhomerun

Nick Gomez nbgomez at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 20:16:13 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Peter Abplanalp <pta-myth at psaconsultants.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:04:30 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] comcast in denver and hdhomerun

is anyone in the denver, colorado area using an hdhomerun with comcast
digital?  if so, can someone share which channels are available
unencrypted to the hdhomerun?

i want to buy an hdhomerun but if comcast has all the channels
encrypted, it would be a waste.

thanks!

--
Peter Abplanalp

I'm in Golden with Comcast. I got my HDHomerun about a year and a half ago and there were about 12 HD channels including OTA. Unfortunately, they have been slowly encrypting all the channels other than OTA, That said, I still use it quite a bit. Here pretty soon, I'm going to disconnect the cable and just go directly OTA. It's really nice to have two HD tuners to record two shows at the same time.

Nick