[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause problems causing audio out of sync

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Tue Sep 23 08:17:50 UTC 2008

just looking at the wiki for some guidance and I just want to eliminate
the sound card ( on Motherboard) as the cause.
How can I ensure the sound card is properly configured.
Note I'm using Digital out which seems to me a possible cause, how can I
verify if driver or ALSA config is correct.?

        Probable Cause

Improper audio configuration may cause the sound card to read and play
back audio data too quickly, which can exhaust the buffer, causing
playback to pause while waiting for additional data.

[edit
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting:Prebuffering_pause&action=edit&section=16>]

        Fix

    * Ensure your sound card drivers are properly installed and configured.
    * Ensure your audio settings are properly specified in MythTV's
      settings (General and TV Playback settings).
    * Try using a different sound card.