[mythtv-users] Building a Simple, Barebones, Minimalist, Cheap Backend

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 23 03:53:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 06:01:01PM -0400, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:

> I'm wondering, what's the power consumption and heat output on that
> thing? AMDs never were known for running cool.

As has been stated before, one must remember Intel does not
include one of the bridges (Blue or Grey, I forget) in the
CPU.

Considering this thing is going to be idle for most of
the time, just make sure Cool n Quiet works and you'll
be fine.

At this point, your case and HD are going to matter more.
e.g. look at the HDs that spin down when not in use.