[mythtv-users] How to re-enable disconnected encoders on slave backend

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:13:35 UTC 2008

On 23/09/2008, Marc MERLIN <marc_mtv at merlins.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 03:33:01PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>  > See my previous message about re-doing your capture cards.  My guess is that
>  > your slave isn't talking to the master on the correct IP (it is defined by
>  > IP address) and so it isn't connected to Myth does not see it as available.
>
>  Just to make sure, the slave can only get its settings from the mysql server
>  on my master backend, so if the old IP of my backend has been fixed in all
>  mythconverg tables in mysql, this shouldn't happen, right?
>
>  Is there some other place that I should have looked at/fixed?

In the settings table:

i) The Master Backend should have value='MasterServerIP',
data=''your.ip.address' and hostname='NULL'.
ii) Each backend (the master backend and any slaves) should have
value='BackendServerIP', data='backend.ip.address' and
hostname='your.hostname'.

mysql> SELECT * FROM `settings` WHERE `value` LIKE '%ServerIP%';

You can also run:

mysql> SELECT DISTINCT `hostname` FROM `settings` ORDER BY `hostname`;

to see whether you have old/conflicting hostname entries in the settings table.

Your slave machine will have either a mysql.txt or config.xml
configuration file for MythTV in ~/.mythtv/ for the frontend and
backend users (and possibly elsewhere too). To be on the safe side,
check that these contain the correct settings for your current
database configuration.

I'd also recommend the full 'Delete All Capture Cards' on the master
backend machine, adding back your cards in order of preference,
highest first. This doesn't touch your channels configuration - you'd
just need to reconfigure the Input Connections on the master and slave
backends with the existing video sources.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/