[mythtv-users] Double Image/Corruption

Clint Huegel incrediclint at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 17:09:33 UTC 2008

Been searching all over for a fix for this. First when viewing live tv it
would freeze up. ONLY in mythtv though. Totem playing the stream worked
fine. Then I installed the latest driver from ATI for my card and that
problem went away but a new problem was introduced. In fullscreen 1080 I get
this image: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9454/dsc00030di6.th.jpg  If I
use -geometry 1919x1079 the double screen garbleygoo clears up however when
i watch live tv i get 2 images stacked horizontally. If I use -geometry with
any other res (1024x768) that is smaller then my desktop everything is fine.
If I change my desktop to 1024x768 and run mythtv fullscreen i get
corruption again, no double image but the screen is smeared diagonally.
PVR-250 ATI x1550 AGP with latest driver from ati (8.9, but ATI control
panel shows it as 8.5x) Ubuntu 8.04LTS Mythtv .21 Everything plays fine in
all other players on the system, including XBMC