[mythtv-users] Help! - Mythtv is expiring the wrong recordings

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:14:03 UTC 2008

On Sep 22, 2008, at 4:04 AM, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:

> I've just noticed that mythv (0.20.2.svn20071021-0.2) has started
> expiring the wrong recordings.
> <snip>
> However "mythbackend --printexpire" only shows stuff recorded recently
> which is the problem I guess.
> <snip>
> Any ideas what might have happened or what I could check?

Seeing that you're using .20.2, and not .21, you don't use recording
groups, which would have been my first guess. My second guess is that
you are expiring based on priority and not record date. It's a setting
in the frontend somewhere. Check that. If you are, then you will need
to increase the priority of the shows you want to preserve.

~Jon