[mythtv-users] 3 Tuners.. recording changed channels?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 02:53:52 UTC 2008

On 22/09/2008, Jason Gauthier <jgauthier at lastar.com> wrote:

> All,
>

>    I set up a recording for this morning at 9am some days ago.  I was
> watching TV, and when 9am came around, the channel I was watching changed,
> even though there were two available and unused tuners available.
>

> Also, I went ahead and used the menuing system and changed tuners.  However,
> myth was completely unresponsive to bringing up the guide, and changing
> channels until I left "Live TV" and then went back into it.
>

> Strange..   I am mostly curious why it did not record on an inactive tuner.

Because you don't have the "Avoid conflicts between live TV and
scheduled shows" option enabled? Without this enabled, Live TV could
pick the best tuner available, which is typically going to be the
first one scheduled recordings use. The setting is on the General page
under TV Settings.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: