[mythtv-users] Someone please decipher the Xorg alphabet soup, please

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Sep 22 00:07:46 UTC 2008

I am working on a modern re-incarnation of the multi-user, multi-seat setup.

So far, I have multiseat running in its supported glory, using nVidia
drivers.  I can drive 4 separate screens off the same PC.  I am running
3 nVidia cards, one dual output, with Xephyr on top, to get 4 login
screens.  Works like a charm.

Now I need to figure out how to get Myth running.

I am told that the next version of Xephyr (1.5) will support GLX and
DRI.  So the question is, will that give me xv accelerated display for
myth?  How are GLX, DRI, and xv related?  And if DRI and GLX don't give
me xv, what alphabet soup do I need?

I know I won't get XvMC - yet.  But right now all I can get is x11 -
which works, but it's slow and jerkey.  My goal is to have myth on one
head, and three user logins.

--Yan