[mythtv-users] Which table?

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Sun Sep 21 14:02:47 UTC 2008

I'd like to write a PHP script that will access the mythconverg database
and query for a list of programs being recorded the current day and
email that list to myself and another user.  I can write the script to
query the db and send the email, but I can't figure out which table
holds that information.  My best bet was the record table, but it seems
to only return data for shows that I've marked not to record:

For example:

mysql> select title, starttime from record where startdate="2008-09-22";
+------------------------+-----------+
| title                  | starttime |
+------------------------+-----------+
| The Last Samurai       | 19:00:00  |
| The Poseidon Adventure | 03:30:00  |
| Paranormal State       | 22:30:00  |
| Paranormal State       | 22:00:00  |
| Paranormal State       | 21:30:00  |
| Paranormal State       | 21:00:00  |
| The Poseidon Adventure | 03:30:00  |
+------------------------+-----------+
7 rows in set (0.16 sec)

In the MythTV interface, the only program listed to record on 9-22 is
"Terminator:  The Sarah Connor Chronicles".  However, if I search for
that in the record table:

mysql> select title, starttime, startdate from record where
title="Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles";
+-----------------------------------------+-----------+------------+
| title                                   | starttime | startdate  |
| Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles | 19:00:00  | 2008-01-13 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The only record is from a long time ago.  Those shows up above are
listed above in the db are listed in the GUI, but they are manual "Don't
record"s I have a lot of space issues, so I go through the listing in
the GUI each time I run mythfilldatabase and mark things not to record
that I know will be on again soon.  Can anyone help me?