[mythtv-users] Consolidate two databases into one

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 19 00:35:40 UTC 2008

On 09/18/2008 08:14 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 18/09/2008, Nick F wrote:
>> Is there a way to copy all the recorded shows from one machine to the other
>> then insert all the database records relating to recorded shows into that
>> database?  I realise this is something that needs to be done manually, but
>> are there any mysql commands that could make it easier?  What tables would I
>> need to copy?
>>
> One possible method is in the MythTV documentation:
>
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7
>
> The 'record' table holds your recording schedules, the others details
> of your actual recordings.

Though you may have index/key uniqueness violations if both systems use
the same chanid(s) (and you happened to have a recording on at the same
time on both).  Note, also that there's a better approach than 23.7 at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore , but I
didn't mention it because I can't guarantee it will work because of the
index/key issue and I don't have time to do much more than provide a
link, now.

Mike