[mythtv-users] XBMC cross platform beta1

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:16:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Marc Randolph <mrand at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > http://xbmc.org/lcapriotti/2008/09/18/xbmc-live-atlantis-beta1/
> >
> > should be interesting to see how this plays out and how they integrate
> > with MythTV, since the xbox version had at least some MythTV
> > integration.
>
> Looks like they are still battling stuttering problems:
>
> http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2297&highlight=myth&page=58
>
>   Marc

I just updated my Xbox to the latest T3CH XBMC the other night and it seems
that mythtv:// playback is hit or miss. It will play back some of the
non-transcoded shows but anything transcoded just kicks back to the
myth library. Same thing for live tv. I haven't troubleshot anything yet so
I don't know where the issue lies. I also haven't tried the alpha on my
Mythbuntu machine yet.

OT, on my Mythbuntu box I modified my Myth Utilities menu and added a link
to launch XBMC from there. It made it much easier to switch to XBMC when I
want to watch DVD rips than having to deal with the terminal or mouse. It
will be nice to see some more integration as the product matures.