[mythtv-users] Myth can't record, but can watch live TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 18 17:49:02 UTC 2008

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

> I don't see anything in the log files to indicate a problem so I'm not
> sure how to check further. I'm using the network recorder tuner which
> has worked fine in the past. Other than doing a DB dump/restore is
> there anything else special I need to do when moving PCs?

If you change hostname, yes.  This is probably the best bet for any kind
of backup/restore, though:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore as it
"knows" and tells you what you need to do (see the --help output, too).

Mike