[mythtv-users] import DVD is not working

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 18 03:28:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 06:35:07PM -0700, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I did the recent "big" Fedora 9 update, and since then, the mythfrontend
> "Import DVD" is not working.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I haven't figured out where/how mtd communicates with the front end.
>
> Details:
>
> I am running with kernel 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686, since there has not yet
> been a matching nvidia livna rpm updated for the 2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686
> kernel.
>
> I *was* having failures playing the DVD (via xine and mythtv), I was
> getting IO errors for the DVD device. I rebooted (with a power off in
> between for good measure) and those errors have gone away, and now xine
> and mythfrontend can both play the DVD.

I tried using an external USB DVD (well ... bluray plus dvd) device. After
pointing everything to /dev/dvd1, it showed up one time in the "import"
screen.

I rebooted without the internal DVD connected (only the external one
connected), but again nothing in the import screen. (The external DVD
still showed up as /dev/dvd1.)

blah ...

-- Patrick Mansfield