[mythtv-users] Apple TV as frontend - but I don't have any widescreen yet

Paul pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:55:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to figure out how to get QT4 stuff installed and playing
> nicely under mythbuntu whereas getting it done in ubuntu was extremely
> easy. I installed ubuntu from scratch and had myth compiled in about 3
> hours on a dev machine last Saturday. I've already spent more time
> than that trying to get it to happen in mythbuntu. I'm probably just
> doing something wrong since I've only started with *buntu about 2
> months ago, but since I know reformatting and starting over will work,
> that's the route I'm going. I'm not willing to invest any more time
> into getting svn built under mythbuntu.

What problems are you having? I am running trunk on the latest mythbuntu.

Here is more or less what i did. Some things may be unnecessary, but
it works for me.

1. apt-get build-dep mythtv
2. uninstall all mythtv related packages.
3. install qt4 items (once again not sure everything here is needed):
apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-opengl-dev libqt4-opengl
libqt4-sql-mysql libqt4-dev libqt4-gui libqt4-qt3support libqt4-sql
lsb-qt4 qt4-designer qt4-dev-tools qt4-doc qt4-qtconfig uim-qt gcc
libapt-pkg-perl resolvconf
4. update alternatives to point to qt4 version as needed:
sudo update-alternatives --config qmake
sudo update-alternatives --config uic
sudo update-alternatives --config designer
sudo update-alternatives --config assistant
sudo update-alternatives --config qtconfig
sudo update-alternatives --config moc
sudo update-alternatives --config lupdate
sudo update-alternatives --config lrelease
sudo update-alternatives --config linguist

5. check out and build mythtv svn (i used the following config
--enable-audio-oss --enable-audio-jack --enable-audio-arts
--enable-dvb --enable-ivtv --enable-opengl-vsync --with-bindings=perl
--enable-opengl-video --enable-ffmpeg-pthreads --compile-type=profile
--cpu=i686 --enable-mmx --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-vld
--enable-xvmc-pro --enable-glx-procaddrarb --enable-libfaad
--enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid
--enable-libfftw3 --enable-hdpvr)

Ugly, and i probably end up with packages i don't need, but it works
(at least it did for me).