[mythtv-users] Apple TV as frontend - but I don't have any widescreen yet

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Sep 17 18:39:31 UTC 2008

On Sep 17, 2008, at 11:03 AM, jedi wrote:

>> I'm not afraid of compiling myself or running trunk. If you read my
>> post, you'll see that I already am. The problem is finding the time
>> reformat and reinstall my AppleTV box. I can't seem to get trunk
>> going
>
>     I guess my internal "commercial skip" filtered it out. It still
> doesn't make any sense. If you can't figure something out under the
> Ubuntu variant you already have installed, what makes you think
> burning
> it down and rebuilding it is going to help?

I can't seem to figure out how to get QT4 stuff installed and playing
nicely under mythbuntu whereas getting it done in ubuntu was extremely
easy. I installed ubuntu from scratch and had myth compiled in about 3
hours on a dev machine last Saturday. I've already spent more time
than that trying to get it to happen in mythbuntu. I'm probably just
doing something wrong since I've only started with *buntu about 2
months ago, but since I know reformatting and starting over will work,
that's the route I'm going. I'm not willing to invest any more time
into getting svn built under mythbuntu.