[mythtv-users] VNC and MythTV

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 01:09:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com
> wrote:

> However, you probably would do better with X-forwarding over ssh so
> you can run X on your local machine and the apps from your myth box.

I use VNC for two things - one is to connect to the regular X  server that
is running the frontend. I can't watch anything via VNC but I can use it
schedule records etc. I also have a separate Xvnc server that I keep logged
in so that I can instantly access a desktop on that machine (i.e. a
persistent session).

AFAIK you can't do either of those things with X forwarding.

Cheers,
Steve