[mythtv-users] Cable Programmers versus the FCC

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 16 21:51:06 UTC 2008

On 09/16/2008 05:19 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:
> The way I read the rules was that the government didn't want to have
> to provide more set top boxes to allow people to get their signals.

Good.  The $1.8 billion they had me (and my fellow taxpayers) spend on
the 8% of the population who use OTA broadcast signals was enough.
(Though I have a sneaking suspicion that the coupons are going out to a
/lot/ of people who don't need them and wouldn't be surprised to learn
that they're not going out to some of the people who do.)

Mike