[mythtv-users] No picture on hdtv from nvidia fx5200 dvi to hdmi

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 16 21:26:51 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 23:25:29 Tim Shannon wrote:
> Except if you backup and delete your xorg.conf file, and only regenerate it
> from nvidia-xconfig, then your missing all your input settings (keyboard,
> mouse, etc).

Never been an issue for my stuff - mouse and keyboard work fine

> What kind of tv and video card are you using?

Mythbuntu setup
- Panasonic Plasma TH42-PX7A
- Onboard Nvidia 7050 (DVI output)
- Driving at 720P

Desktop
- LCD 1280x1024
- Onboard NVidia 6100 (VGA Output)

The mythbuntu xorg.conf

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister at builder3)  Thu Feb 14 18:20:37
PST
 2008

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen0"
        Device          "Device0"
        Monitor         "Monitor0"
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth   24
        EndSubSection
        Option          "AddARGBGLXVisuals"     "True"
        Defaultdepth    24
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Device0"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Vendorname      "NVIDIA Corporation"
        Option          "UseEvents"     "True"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        # generated from default
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"      "auto"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        # generated from default
        Identifier      "Keyboard0"
        Driver          "kbd"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Layout0"
  screen 0 "Screen0"
        Inputdevice     "Keyboard0"     "CoreKeyboard"
        Inputdevice     "Mouse0"        "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load            "dbe"
        Load            "extmod"
        Load            "type1"
        Load            "freetype"
        Load            "glx"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Monitor0"
        Vendorname      "Unknown"
        Modelname       "Unknown"
        Horizsync       30.0    -       110.0
        Vertrefresh     50.0    -       150.0
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option          "blank time"    "0"
        Option          "standby time"  "0"
        Option          "suspend time"  "0"
        Option          "off time"      "0"
        Option          "screen blank"  "0"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option          "Composite"     "Enable"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        Rgbpath         "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
EndSection

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album