[mythtv-users] pre roll and end of current show.

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 04:41:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Sep 13, 2008, at 1:05 AM, Maatt wrote:

>>> I don't see why the digital/analogue thing is relevant. The feature
>>> I'm discussing is relevant to both.
>>> I'm not sure you understand my initial post, it's got nothing to do
>>> with digital multiplexing.
>>
>> But it does if you look at the feature that was implemented. What
>> you're suggesting already exists for DVB tuners so there's not much
>> incentive to make it work for other tuners.

> Multirec is not the whole solution though. It only works so long as you
> have configured enough virtual tuners to handle the load.

As a data point, I run 0.21 with multirec. I have two DVB cards, each
configured as four virtual tuners. Local DVB-S has two multiplexes
with 6 channels per multiplex. I have never had a recording miss
becuase of insufficient tuners. The likelihood or needing to record
more than four simultaneous shows per multiplex is unlikely, although
two simultaneous channels with pre/post roll at the same time would
take it to the limit (if the other card was busy).