[mythtv-users] OT: mencoder recording

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Sep 16 02:43:18 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:

[snip]

> OK I see, so there is no predictability about when something will be
> on. tricky.

Yes, PPV is scheduled (and usually encrypted).  On Demand is "requested"
and a channel allocated to broadcast it.  I imagine that if a program is
popular, you might be able to find it being broadcast at multiple times
on multiple channels.  How boring.

> If it always uses the same tuning parameters, can't you just set it up
> as a channel and do a manual recording when you motice something
> playing (how you notice I am unsure).

That's what the OP was asking.  Myth can detect the presence of a signal
on a channel.  What to do after that (to determine if the signal is
scrambled or not) is what he's asking about.  This is usually of
questionable legality (stealing content), so the list powers that be may
not appreciate this discussion....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com