[mythtv-users] Freesat (UK) questions

Douglas Mackay douglas.mackay at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:16:16 UTC 2008

>Douglas
>
>Do you get any stuttering on playback of BBC HD?
>
>I've googled and this seems to be a problem that was resolved last
>year....however I've got it on a dual core that's not topped
>out.......the same file through mplayer plays fine.

I have a weird problem with some of the BBC HD output. A lot of the
programmes are broadcast with 2 channel AC3 which causes stuttering on my
system (programmes with 5 channel AC3 works fine) however if I play a few
secs of a Dolby Digital Film DVD before (or since the system has started)
then they play back fine (I've put it down to either my amp or the onboard
sound)