[mythtv-users] Mythvideo not finding my files

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Sun Sep 14 07:03:02 UTC 2008

I am running 0.21 from MythBuntu. I upgraded to the latest distro and all
packages show as the latest versions.

If I drop a couple directories of files into the video directory, MythVideo
can't find the files inside those directories. If I copy one of the files
out into the main video directory, it does find that one file. If I use
mythvideo-bulk-updater to populate the database, then go into Video Manager,
I get errors saying it can't find the files. I used "su" to log in as
"mythtv" and I can see the files fine. I can manipulate them as well. The
bulk updater also runs as "mythtv" and it can see all the files. I tried
enabling all of the "browses files" options in the settings, but there was
no change. "Newly scanned files are browsable by default" is also checked.

Video Manager also says "Loading..." for as long as I've let it sit there.
There doesn't seem to be any significant CPU activity while it's sitting
there (top via SSH) so I don't know what it's thinking about.

All files are AVIs and they are not set to ignore in the file type settings.

Any ideas? I'd love to make use of MythVideo, but I can't seem to get it to
play nicely. I really need to be able to use subdirectories to organize the
files.

I'm also not getting sound from MythVideo, though live TV and recordings
play fine. I'm using optical audio and DD5.1 from ATSC sources works fine
(passthrough). Videos have no sound though. I'm using ALSA.