[mythtv-users] Merging data from two mythbackend servers

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 17:35:52 UTC 2008

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Gary Holmlund wrote:
>
>> Nick Morrott wrote:

>>> It'll probably have to be a manual procedure. First task is to check
>>> the SQL backup file from the second server, and determine which table,
>>> and which entry has the value '81'. It's likely a recording rule with
>>> recordid=81. As recordid is the primary key (PK) in the record table,
>>> you can't have duplicates, hence the error.
>>>
>>> What I would do is check the tables you are trying to import, and see
>>> whether there are any other duplicates for the primary keys on the
>>> imported tables (you can check the structure from the mysql command
>>> line, or using a tool such as phpMyAdmin). You will also need to
>>> ensure that hostnames are corrected for the new host in the recorded
>>> table, so that the new installation can find all of the imported
>>> recordings.
>>>
>>> It's certainly possible, but you'll need to do some careful planning
>>> for the process to go smoothly.
>>>

>> Yes, it is the recorded table. I suppose there could be more
>> errors in other tables if I get that one loading.
>>
>> So, is the requirement for recordid only to be unique? If I
>> could add 10,000 to the recordid's on the data I am loading,
>> would that be a reasonable approach to getting the data loaded?
>> 2600 is the highest recordid on the new backend.
>>

> Not going to work. Recordid is an autoincrement primary key on that field
> (IIRC). However, you have bigger problems, since your list of channel ids, tuner
> card ids, etc is almost certainly going to overlap. What this is going to do to
> the identity of video files you carry forward from the old systems I hate to think
All the video on my second system is many episodes of 5 specific shows.
I can guarantee  that there are  not  show overlaps between the servers.
But there are over 400 shows so any manual process would be very tedious.

I see that nuvexport can do this one at a time. Perhaps I can adapt it
to do
do many at once. I already have the video files moved via rsync.