[mythtv-users] mythconverg.netflix table problem

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 04:31:00 UTC 2008

On 11/09/2008, Mark Boyum <circushair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello MythTVers,
>
> I don't really want to go into the details of how I ended up in this
> situation, but I've messed up my netflix table in mythconverg.  At this
> point I've now got an old table from my .20 database running in my .21
> system.
>
> I've deduced this from having restored the table from an old DB, only to
> realize my backup was very old.  And based on Internet postings for errors
> similar to mine.
>
> mysql> insert into mythconverg.netflix values ('Queue','NetFlix',
> '[MYQUEUERSSFEED]','http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/icons/nficon.ico',
> null, 1, '');
>  ERROR 1136 (21S01): Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
>
> Is there anyway to force Myth to upgrade this table back to the correct
> version?  I have tried optimize_mythdb.pl to no avail.
>
> Just in case you are wondering, yes I have learned my lesson and will backup
> the DB before future tinkering.

You are probably missing the 'queue' field in the netflix table
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythplugins/mythflix/mythflix/dbcheck.cpp),
see you have 6 fields and are trying to insert 7 values.

To update an old netflix table to the current version, you can try the
following at the mysql command prompt (with mythconverg DB selected):

mysql> ALTER TABLE netflix ADD queue VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
mysql> ALTER TABLE netflix DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY (name, queue);

Take another backup before you do this, in case something goes wrong.
Then retry the insert statements.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: