[mythtv-users] If you're thinking of buying the Nova-HD-S2 card (UK only) get if for about £48

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 03:31:33 UTC 2008

On 13/09/2008, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  2008/9/13 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
>
> > On 13/09/2008, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  >> If you look here
>  >>
>  >>  http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=A1471066&dgc=SS&cid=5186&lid=121454
>  >>
>  >>  Dell are currently selling the card for £50.35 (inc VAT and shipping)
>  >>
>  >>  However pcworld have a price match + 10% of the difference deal that
>  >>  includes Dell and are selling it for £79.99
>  >>
>  >>  http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=606387
>  >>
>  >>  The price match deal is here
>  >>
>  >>  http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial/price-match-promise
>  >>
>  >>  So pcworld will sell you the card for
>  >>
>  >>  £79.99 - £50.35 = £29.64 * 1.1 (the 110%) = £32.60 discount
>  >>
>  >>  so in effect £79.99 - £32.60 = £47.39
>  >>
>  >>  The normal warranty applies and at least you can pick it up in
>  >>  store.....I'm not sure how long this will last though.
>  >
>  > An availability of "Usually 1-2 weeks" probably means (to me at least)
>  > they don't have it in stock, which would allow PCWorld to get out of
>  > the pricematch deal per their terms.
>  >
> Except the pricerunner page shows them as instock and that's what
>  pcworld accept, later when it says availability in blah blah just say
>  that's the shipping time.

Please don't top post on the list (see
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette).

I hope that interested users manage to get a great deal on the card. I
was highlighting the fact the I've had first hand experience of
companies weasel out of price matches when the _retailer_, not a
comparison site that may be out of date or incorrect, lists an item
with a long lead time, and they consider this out of stock.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/