[mythtv-users] Problems with 0.21 - mythdora 5

Tim Hartley poobahtim at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 03:19:57 UTC 2008

I recently upgraded from mythdora4 (0.20.1) to mythdora5 (0.21) and am
having trouble scheduling recordings.

I blew away the previous install and went for a brand new mythdora5
install. My intent was to import my old database into the new
database, but obviously the database needs to get upgraded from 0.20.1
to 0.21.  So instead I deleted the whole database, imported the old
one, and then had mythtvsetup update the schema.  Unfortunately, I'm
unable to schedule new recordings, none of the old recording rules are
shown, and no upcoming recordings are shown.

I tried a totally blank database again, and didn't import my own into
it. After running mythtvsetup and mythfilldatabase, I get basically
the same issue.

The odd thing is that the 'record' table does get/have entries in it,
so the recording rules get into the DB, but the application doesn't
seem to see it / do anything with it.  I'll try a completely new
install again, but I would like to merge my old database with 0.21, if
possible.

Any help anyone could give would be great - particularly what error
messages to look for in the log files, since I haven't seen anything
useful yet.

Thanks,
Tim

BTW: