[mythtv-users] "Best" analog tuner card (looking to add another to BE)?

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Fri Sep 12 23:04:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 12/09/2008, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
> > I currently have a PVR-150 MCE w/remote, has worked great so far, no
> > complaints. I am planning on adding another tuner card to the backend and
> am
> > wondering if just getting another 150 is the way to go or if dishing out
> > bit extra (I don't mind) on a better one is the right choice. I don't
> have
> > HD, just regular ol' analog in the house.
>
> If you're happy with the picture quality from the PVR-150, and the
> price, get another :). Also, perhaps look at the PVR-500 if you want 2
> more analog cable tuners on a single card, whilst they are still
> available.
>

> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
> Franklin

Right, like I said 150 is fine but I'm just wondering if it is *worth* any
extra coin to get a higher model?

And is the 500 basically two 150s in one, and that's *it* or an improvement
in any other respects? Looking here:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/compare/compare_pvr.html  I can see there's no
significant differences between the 150-350, so I'm wondering what the point
of having a 350 is unless I need FM stereo which I have zero interest/need
for in the card.

Oh and also looking here:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/compare/compare_hvr-internal.html  I like the
idea of dual tuners, one analog and one digital so that should I go HD in
the future I'm already set. Same "worth the dough?" question for these :)

Thanks for the help :)
Bob